Political economy and liberalism in France : the contributions of Frederic Bastiat / Robert Leroux.
- Standardized Title:
- Lire Bastiat. English
- London : Routledge, 2011.
- Routledge studies in the history of economics ; 126.
Routledge studies in the history of economics ; 126
1 online resource (209 p.)
- Economics -- France -- History -- 19th century.
Bastiat, Frédéric, 1801-1850.
- Electronic books.
- The purpose of this book is to provide a comprehensive analysis of the work of Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850), one of the towering intellectual figures of nineteenth century France. More than anyone else of his time, Bastiat personified the struggle of liberalism and science against socialism and utopia. Between 1844 in 1850, his campaign for the idea of liberty and his commitment to the discipline of political economy made him one of the most vigorous champions of economic liberalism in France. Bastiat put forth one of the most ambitious interpretations of the liberalism of his time,
- The context of a life's work
Bastiat through his correspondence
Bastiat and England
Salvation through science
History and progress
Issues and debates
Freedom and its foes
Social and economic harmonies.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.4324/9780203826584 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|