Mechanical tolerance stackup and analysis [electronic resource] / Bryan R. Fischer.
- 2nd ed.
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, 2011.
- Mechanical engineering series (Boca Raton, Fla.) ; 217.
Mechanical engineering ; 217
1 online resource (504 p.)
- Tolerance (Engineering)
- Electronic books.
- "Written by one of the foremost authorities in the field, Mechanical Tolerance Stackup and Analysis presents proven and easy-to-use methods for determining whether selected dimensioning and tolerancing schemes will yield functional parts and assemblies and the most practical procedure to communicate the results. Using a variety of examples and real-world design challenges that stress the importance of a standardized approach to tolerance stackups, the book helps readers develop effective problem-solving and analytical skills. Demonstrates how to perform "what-if" scenarios to evaluate the effects of changing tolerancing schemes, tolerance values, and assembly sequences. Mechanical Tolerance Stackup and Analysis is an outstanding and must-have reference for all mechanical, manufacturing, design, quality control, project, process, industrial, automation, and assembly engineers and managers; and upper-level undergraduate, graduate, and continuing-education students in these disciplines"-- Provided by publisher.
"Written by one of the foremost authorities in the field, this reference presents proven and easy-to-use methods for determining whether selected dimensioning and tolerancing schemes will yield functional parts and assemblies. The book develops effective problem-solving and analytical skills using a variety of examples and real-world design challenges that stress the importance of a standardized approach to tolerance stackups. Illustrating procedures that have been tested and utilized by leading professionals in the industry, this reference demonstrates how to perform "what-if" scenarios to evaluate the effects of changing tolerancing schemes, tolerance values, and assembly sequences"-- Provided by publisher.
- Front Cover; Contents; Preface; Acknowledgments; The Author; Chapter 1: Background; Chapter 2: Dimensioning and Tolerancing; Chapter 3: Tolerance Format and Decimal Places; Chapter 4: Converting Plus/Minus Dimensions and Tolerances into Equal-Bilaterally Toleranced Dimensions; Chapter 5: Variation and Sources of Variation; Chapter 6: Tolerance Analysis; Chapter 7: Worst-Case Tolerance Analysis; Chapter 8: Statistical Tolerance Analysis; Chapter 9: Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing in Tolerance Analysis
Chapter 10: Converting Plus/Minus Tolerancing to Positional Tolerancing and Projected Tolerance ZonesChapter 11: Diametral and Radial Tolerance Stackups; Chapter 12: Specifying Material Condition Modifiers and Their Effect on Tolerance Stackups; Chapter 13: The Tolerance Stackup Sketch; Chapter 14: The Tolerance Stackup Report Form; Chapter 15: Tolerance Stackup Direction and Tolerance Stackups with Trigonometry; Chapter 16: Putting It All Together : Tolerance Stackups with GD&T Solved Using the Advanced Dimensional Management Method
Chapter 17: Calculating Component Tolerances Given a Final Assembly Tolerance RequirementChapter 18: Floating Fastener and Fixed Fastener Formulas and Considerations; Chapter 19: Limits and Fit Classifications; Chapter 20: Form Tolerances in Tolerance Stackups; Chapter 21: 3D Tolerance Analysis, 3D Tolerance Analysis Software, and Introduction to Six Sigma Concepts; Back Cover
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|