Quenching theory and technology / Bozidar Liscic. [and others].
- 2nd ed.
- Boca Raton : CRC Press : International Federation for Heat Treatment and Surface Engineering, 2010.
1 online resource (728 p.)
- Metals -- Quenching.
- Electronic books.
- Quenching is one of the most fundamentally complex processes in the heat treatment of metals, and it is something on which mechanical properties and distortion of engineering components depend. With chapters written by the most respected international experts in the field, Quenching Theory and Technology, Second Edition presents the most authoritative, exhaustive, and recent findings in this vital area. Understanding and control of quenching and quenchants is a critical constant in all well established and emerging heat treatment process technology. The collection of up-to-
- Front cover; Contents; Foreword; Preface to the Second Edition; Preface to the First Edition; Contributors; Chapter 1: Hardening of Steels; Chapter 2: Quenching of Aluminum Alloys; Chapter 3: Quenching of Titanium Alloys; Chapter 4: Mechanical Properties of Ferrous and Nonferrous Alloys after Quenching; Chapter 5: Thermo- and Fluid-Dynamic Principles of Heat Transfer during Cooling; Chapter 6: Heat Transfer during Cooling of Heated Metals with Vaporizable Liquids; Chapter 7: Wetting Kinematics; Chapter 8: Wetting Kinetics and Quench Severity of Selected Vegetable Oils for Heat Treatment
Chapter 9: Residual Stresses after QuenchingChapter 10: Effect of Workpiece Surface Properties on Cooling Behavior; Chapter 11: Determination of Quenching Power of Various Fluids; Chapter 12: Cooling Media and Their Properties; Chapter 13: Gas Quenching; Chapter 14: Techniques of Quenching; Chapter 15: Intensive Steel Quenching Methods; Chapter 16: Prediction of Hardness Profile in Workpiece Based on Characteristic Cooling Parameters and Material Behavior during Cooling; Chapter 17: Simulation of Quenching; Appendix A: Temperature Conversion Table; Appendix B: Common Conversion Constants
Appendix C: Equivalent Hardness Scale Conversion TableAppendix D: Water Quenching Data: 7075-T73 Aluminum Bar Probes; Appendix E: Type 1 Polymer Quenchant Data: 7075-T73 Aluminum Bar Probes; Appendix F: Type I Polymer Quench Data:7075-T73 Aluminum Sheet Probes; Appendix G: Type I Polymer Quench Data:2024-T851 Aluminum Sheet Probes; Index; Back cover
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Rev. edition of: Theory and technology of quenching. 1993.
- Liscic, B. (Bozidar)
International Federation for Heat Treatment and Surface Engineering.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1201/9781420009163 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|