Creative problem solving for managers : developing skills for decision making and innovation / Tony Proctor.
- Other records:
- 3rd ed.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2010.
1 online resource (349 p.)
- Problem solving.
- Electronic books.
- The regularity with which the term 'solutions' is used in management speak suggests that management is largely about problem solving. To suggest that thinking creatively is a useful skill in solving a problem may be stating the obvious, but experience tells us that under pressure, managers tend to fall back on the 'tried and tested' rather than the new and creative. This text provides an essential introduction to the ideas and skills of solving problems creatively. It demonstrates: how and why people are blocked in their thinking
- Creativity and its importance in business
Blocks to creativity
Theories of creativity and the creative problem solving process
Objective finding, fact finding and problem finding/definition
Morphological analysis and related techniques
Brainstorming and its variants
Lateral thinking and associated methods
Paradigm-breaking techniques and some miscellaneous ideation methods
Computer-assisted creative problem solving.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.4324/9780203859827 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|