Masculinities in higher education [electronic resource] : theoretical and practical considerations / edited by Jason A. Laker and Tracy Davis.
- New York : Routledge, c2011.
1 online resource (249 p.)
- Men -- Education (Higher) -- United States.
Education, Higher -- United States -- Philosophy.
College students -- United States -- Social conditions.
College students -- United States -- Attitudes.
Masculinity -- Social aspects -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- Masculinities in Higher Education provides empirical evidence, theoretical support, and developmental interventions for educators working with college men both in and out of the classroom. The critical philosophical perspective of the text challenges the status-quo and offers theoretically sound educational strategies to successfully promote men's learning and development. Contesting dominant discourses about men and masculinities and binary notions of privilege and oppression, the contributors examine the development and identity of men in higher education today. This edited collection analyz
- section a. Theoretical and historical perspectives
section b. Identity intersections with masculinities
section c. Effective interventions with college men.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Laker, Jason A.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|