Trails of hope and terror : the movie.
- [Centennial, CO?] : V1 Educational Media, Inc,  , ©
1 videodisc (53 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Mexican-American Border Region -- Emigration and immigration.
Mexico -- Emigration and immigration.
United States -- Emigration and immigration.
Mexicans -- United States -- History.
Mexicans -- United States -- Social conditions.
Mexico -- Emigration and immigration -- History.
United States -- Emigration and immigration -- History.
United States -- Boundaries -- Mexico.
Mexico -- Boundaries -- United States.
Mexicans -- Social conditions.
Emigration and immigration.
North America -- Mexican-American Border Region.
- System Details:
- "A 53-minute documentary that ends with the stories of two teenage girls, Sandra and Josseline. One encounters the border (La Frontera) by accident, and the other on purpose. But their journeys, along with the others we hear about in the film, began hundreds of years ago, as complicated political and economic strategies set up a vast system from which there is little hope of escape. Manifeset Destiny, the Mexican-American War, Gun-Boat Diplomacy, Banana Republics, NAFTA, Operation Gatekeeper ... all of these politiical events led up to a system of "prevention through deterrence." In other words, if people were forced to cross a desert in where they were likely to die, then they might think twice about the risks. The fact is, no one was deterred. In Trails of Hope and Terror, [you] will hear storires about the people whose families needed them. At the time, they felt it was the right thing to do. So they crossed anyway"--Movie website.
- Producer, Deborah De La Torre ; director and editor, Vincent De La Torre ; screenplay, Dr. Miguel A. De La Torre.
- Title from label on disc.
A project of V1 Educational Media, Inc. c/o DLT Creative Productions, LLC--Movie website.
Originally released in 2017.
- De La Torre, Vincent, director, editor.
De La Torre, Miguel A., screenplay writer.
De La Torre, Deborah, producer.
V1 Educational Media, Inc.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|