Lesson study [electronic resource] : using classroom inquiry to improve teaching and learning in higher education / Bill Cerbin ; foreword by Pat Hutchings.
- 1st ed.
- Sterling, Va. : Stylus, 2011.
- ACPA / NASPA Joint Publication
An ACPA / NASPA Joint Publication
1 online resource (168 p.)
- College teaching -- Methodology.
- Electronic books.
- This is the first book about lesson study for higher education. Based on the idea that the best setting in which to examine teaching is where it takes place on a daily basis-the lecture hall, seminar room, studio, lab, and the online classroom management system - lesson study involves several instructors jointly designing, teaching, studying, and refining an individual class lesson in order to explore student learning problems, observe how students learn, and analyze how their instruction affects student learning and thinking. The primary purpose is to help teachers better understand how to su
- Cover; Contents; Acknowledgments; Foreword; Preface; 1 Introduction; 2 Overview of the Lesson Study Process; Appendix 2.A: Forming Effective Teams; Appendix 2.B: Questions and Prompts to Guide Lesson Study; 3 Getting Started and Finding a Focus; 4 Designing and Planning the Research Lesson; Appendix 4.A: An Example of a Brief College Lesson Plan and Predicted Student Responses; Appendix 4.B: How Instruction Affects Student Learning and Thinking; 5 How to Study a Lesson; Appendix 5.A: Types of Focal Questions
Appendix 5.B: Data Collection Strategies for Student Learning, Thinking, and BehaviorAppendix 5.C: Example of Informed Consent; Appendix 5.D: Example of Observation Guidelines for a Research Lesson in Psychology; 6 Analyzing and Revising the Lesson; 7 Documenting and Sharing Lesson Studies; Appendix 7.A: Final Lesson Study Report Template; Appendix 7.B: Teaching Improvement Profile; Appendix 7.C: Teaching Improvement Profile Example; 8 The Practice and Potential of Lesson Study; Appendix 8.A: Lesson Study Experience Questionnaire; Epilogue; References; Index; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; J; K
LM; N; O; P; Q; R; S; T; U; V; W
- "A joint publication with the National Teaching and Learning Forum."
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- National Teaching and Learning Forum.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|