Congress and its members / Roger H. Davidson, University of Maryland, Walter J. Oleszek, Congressional Research Service, Frances E. Lee, Princeton University, Eric Schickler, University of California, Berkeley.
- 17th edition.
- Thousand Oaks, CA : CQ Press, an imprint of SAGE Publications, 
xxv, 474 pages, I27 ; illustrations ; 23 cm
- United States. Congress
United States. Congress
Legislators -- United States.
- Part I. In search of the two Congresses
1. The two Congresses
2. Evolution of the modern Congress
Part II. A Congress of ambassadors
3. Going for it : recruitment and candidacy
4. Making it : the electoral game
5. Being there : Hill styles and home styles
Part III. A deliberative assembly of one nation
6. Leaders and parties in Congress
7. Committees : workshops of Congress
8. Congressional rules and procedures
9. Decision making in Congress
Part IV. Policy making and change in the two Congresses
10. Congress and the President
11. Congress and the bureaucracy
12. Congress and the courts
13. Congress and organized interests
14. Congress, budgets, and domestic policy making
15. Congress and national security policies
Part V. Conclusion
16. The two Congresses and the American people
Appendix A: Party control : presidency, Senate, House, 1901-2021
Appendix B: Internships : getting experience on Capitol Hill.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages S1-S7) and index.
- Oleszek, Walter J., author.
Lee, Frances E., author.
Schickler, Eric, 1969- author.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|