Transgender and Gender Nonconforming Health and Aging / edited by Cecilia Hardacker, Kelly Ducheny, Magda Houlberg.
- 1st ed. 2019.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- Medicine (Springer-11650)
1 online resource (XII, 241 pages) : 3 illustrations, 2 illustrations in color.
General practice (Medicine).
- Local subjects:
- Geriatrics/Gerontology. (search)
General Practice / Family Medicine. (search)
Public Health. (search)
Infectious Diseases. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This text addresses the specific lack of clinical educational support for transgender and gender nonconforming (TGNC) individuals as they age. Chapters are written by multidisciplinary healthcare experts who present topical discussions in five critical areas: essential foundational information needed to understand the life experience of older TGNC people; mental and behavioral health issues; social service considerations; specific concerns for nurses; and unique long-term medical concerns for providers. In addition, special attention is placed on providing care for TGNC veteran populations, including strategies to access social services and Social Security, and developing support networks. Transgender Health and Aging is an excellent resource for clinical and research professionals from a variety of medical disciplines, including geriatricians, primary care physicians, psychiatrists, public health officials, social workers, nurses as well as nonprofessional audiences interested in transgender healthcare in older adults.
- The Essentials
Primary Health Care: Trans Health Expertise
Access to Care and Barriers to Care
Lifetime Challenges: "Abuse, Violence, Resilience"
The Transgender Veteran Experience
Transitions Later in Life
Adaptations to Stressors: Addictions and Substance Use
Depression and Suicidality
Aging in Place: Alternative Housing
Challenges with Long-Term Care and Research
Workplace Transitions: Work to Retirement to SSA
Intersectionality of Race/Ethnicity and the Trans Experience
Building Service Networks for Aging Transgender Individuals
Nurses and Trans Competence
The role of the Clinical Nurse Leader and Trans Best Practices
Unique Health Needs
Aging with HIV
Long-Term Hormone Use and Complications.
- Hardacker, Cecilia, editor., Editor,
Ducheny, Kelly, editor., Editor,
Houlberg, Magda, editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-95031-0 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|