Menstrual Cycle Related Disorders : Volume 7: Frontiers in Gynecological Endocrinology / edited by Sarah L. Berga, Andrea R. Genazzani, Frederick Naftolin, Felice Petraglia.
- 1st ed. 2019.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- Medicine (Springer-11650)
ISGE series 2197-8735
ISGE Series, 2197-8735
1 online resource (VI, 234 pages) : 43 illustrations, 33 illustrations in color.
- Local subjects:
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This volume discusses menstrual cycle related disorders, which are a major concern from adolescence to menopause. Starting from hypothalamic pituitary gonadal axis regulation, it analyzes the characteristics and treatments of hypothalamic amenorrhea and eating disorders, as well as polycystic ovary and adolescent hyperandrogenism. It also examines the importance of body composition and physical performance. The book particularly focuses on the diagnosis of and therapies for hormone-related headaches, the management of trans sexuality in the gynecological outpatient area, dysfunctional uterine bleeding and premature ovarian insufficiency. Further, it analyzes the basic, clinical and therapeutic aspects of endometriosis, as well as the important opportunities that SPRMs (selective progesterone receptor modulators) offer in contraception and fibroid therapy. This book is a useful tool for gynecologists, endocrinologists and general practitioners, and is a valuable resource for all physicians involved in women's health.
- The hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis: puberty, menstrual cycle regulation and post-reproductive life
Kisspeptin role in functional hypothalamic amenorrhea
The role of androgens for body composition and physical performance in women
Polycystic ovary syndrome
Metabolism, obesity, thinness and reproduction
Management of adolescent hyperandrogenism: still a challenge!
Dysfunctional uterine bleeding in adolescence
Abnormal uterine bleeding: the standard of care has changed
Premature ovarian insufficiency therapy in young women
Practical approaches to managing premature ovarian insufficiency
Management of transsexuality in an outpatient gynecologic area
Regulation of proliferation and invasion in endometriosis
Hormones and inflammation: an update on endometriosis
Endometriosis and adenomyosis in adolescents, fertile and menopausal women
Selective progesterone receptor modulators (SPRMs): update on the clinical results in fibroids
SPRMs for contraception with added health benefits.
- Berga, Sarah L. editor., Editor,
Genazzani, Andrea R. editor., Editor,
Naftolin, Frederick, editor., Editor,
Petraglia, Felice. editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-030-14358-9 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|