Dental Implant Failure : A Clinical Guide to Prevention, Treatment, and Maintenance Therapy / edited by Thomas G. Wilson Jr., Stephen Harrel.
- 1st ed. 2019.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- Medicine (Springer-11650)
1 online resource (V, 107 pages) : 62 illustrations, 51 illustrations in color.
- Local subjects:
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book examines the current state of knowledge on why implant failures occur, makes specific recommendations for prevention of failure, and emphasizes the role that maintenance plays in increasing the probability of success. Current recommendations for the treatment of ailing implants are also reviewed. Prevention begins with appropriate patient selection and treatment planning, correct implant placement, and effective prosthetic rehabilitation. All of these aspects are thoroughly discussed. The specifics of maintenance therapy for patients with dental implants are then addressed, bearing in mind that patients on a regular maintenance schedule following completion of active therapy have fewer implant complications. Readers will find information on the frequency of visits as well as step-by-step guidance for a routine visit. In addition, current concepts regarding the etiology of implant failure are covered, with explanation of their potential implications for maintenance care. The book will be an ideal aid and reference source for all clinicians wishing to stay abreast of the latest knowledge and developments in the field of dental implant diagnosis, maintenance, and therapeutic intervention.
- 1. Introduction and Rationale
2. Prevention of Peri-Implant Problems-Patient Selection
3. Prevention of Peri-Implant Problems-Treatment Plan
4. Prevention of Peri-Implant Problems-Surgery
5. Prevention of Peri-Implant Problems-Prosthodontics
6. Etiology of Peri0Implant Diseases
7. Examination for Patients with Dental Implants
8. Disgnosis of Peri-Implant Diseases
9. Occlusion and its Relation to Peri-Implant Diseases
10. A Typical Implant Mainetenance Visit
11. Advanced Therapeutics
12. Future Directions.
- Wilson Jr., Thomas G. editor., Editor,
Harrel, Stephen. editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-030-18895-5 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|