Wind and whirlwind : utopian and dystopian themes in literature and philosophy / by Ágnes Heller, Riccardo Mazzeo.
- Standardized Title:
- Vento e il vortice. English
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill | Rodopi, 
- Value inquiry book series. Philosophy, literature, and politics
Value inquiry book series, 0929-8436 ; volume 339. Philosophy, literature, and politics
117 pages ; 25 cm.
- Utopias -- History.
Dystopias -- History.
- "In Wind and Whirlwind the great philosopher Ágnes Heller and social scientist Riccardo Mazzeo explain the pros and cons of utopias and dystopias as they are described in literary works and their relevance to understand the world we live in and the hidden consequences of apparently appealing life trajectories"-- Provided by publisher.
- From Utopia to Dystopia: Dreams and Projects of Historical
On the Historicity of Imagination
The Golden Age, the Philosophical Constructions of
"the Just State"
Reflections on the Utopian Moment and the New Republicanism: Are
All Revolutions Betrayed? On "Socialist" Utopias. The Dream of the
The Dystopian Moment and the Last Utopias
Dystopias of the Twenty-First Century: the Bank of Critical
The Possibility of an Island
2084: the End of the World
The Beacon of Psychoanalysis on the Billowing Ocean of Utopia
Some Reservations on Utopia.
- Translated from the Italian.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other format:
- Online version: Heller, Ágnes, Wind and whirlwind:&nbs
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|