The negro grandsons of Vercingetorix / Alain Mabanckou ; translated by Bill Johnston.
- Standardized Title:
- Petits-fils nègres de Vercingétorix . English
- Bloomington : Indiana University Press,  , ©2019
- Global African voices
Global African voices
xiii, 203 pages ; 22 cm
- Africa, Central -- Politics and government -- 20th century -- Fiction.
Africa -- Politics and government -- Fiction.
Civil war -- Fiction.
Politics and government.
- "Set in the imaginary African Republic of Vietongo, The Negro Grandsons of Vercingetorix begins when conflict breaks out between rival leaders and the regional ethnic groups they represent. Events recorded in a series of notebooks under the watchful eye of Hortense Lloki show how civil war culminates in a series of outlandish actions perpetrated by the warring parties' private militias - the Anacondas and the Romans from the North who have seized power against Vercingetorix (named after none other than the legendary Gallic warrior who fought against Caesar’s army) and his Little Negro Grandsons in the South who are eager to regain control."--Amazon.com.
- Original publication in French.
- Johnston, Bill, 1960- translator.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|