Magic and witchery in the modern west : celebrating the twentieth anniversary of 'The triumph of the moon' / Shai Feraro, Ethan Doyle White, editors.
- Cham, Switzerland : Palgrave Macmillan, 
- Palgrave historical studies in witchcraft and magic
Palgrave historical studies in witchcraft and magic
xiii, 259 pages : illustrations (black and white) ; 22 cm.
- Hutton, Ronald. Triumph of the moon.
Wicca -- Western countries.
Witchcraft -- Western countries.
- This book marks twenty years since the publication of Professor Ronald Hutton's The Triumph of the Moon, a major contribution to the historical study of Wicca. Building on and celebrating Hutton's pioneering work, the chapters in this volume explore a range of modern magical, occult, and Pagan groups active in Western nations. Each contributor is a specialist in the study of modern Paganism and occultism, although differ in their embrace of historical, anthropological, and psychological perspectives. Chapters examine not only the history of Wicca, the largest and best-known form of modern Paganism, but also modern Pagan environmentalist and anti-nuclear activism, the Pagan interpretation of fairy folklore, and the contemporary 'Traditional Witchcraft' phenomenon.-- Provided by publisher.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Feraro, Shai, editor.
Doyle White, Ethan, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|