Management of Hypertension : Current Practice and the Application of Landmark Trials / edited by Vasilios Papademetriou, Emmanuel A. Andreadis, Charalampia Geladari.
- 1st ed. 2019.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- Medicine (Springer-11650)
1 online resource (XXIII, 302 pages) : 78 illustrations, 49 illustrations in color.
- Local subjects:
- Cardiology. (search)
History of Medicine. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book is a valuable tool to assist both cardiovascular physicians and scientists learning the intricacies of hypertension research and its milestone studies. All major hypertension trials have been reviewed in this book in chronological order with extensive discussion of the study population, study design, and outcomes and with a special focus on what knowledge they offered, their strengths and weaknesses, statistical errors, impact on international guidelines and unmet needs. Importantly, the book also offers physicians and young scientists with basic knowledge regarding medical biostatistics. It is of critical importance for a scientist involved in the field to understand deeply the process of analysing medical data. Moreover, the accurate interpretation of the results is central for applying evidence-based medicine in everyday clinical practice. Management of Hypertension: Current Practice and the Application of Landmark Trials is a critical tool to assist in the education of physicians and researchers in the field, providing a separate section on pioneer researchers in hypertension and urging readers to become bright exemplars for scientists wishing to pursue a career in academic medicine and hypertension research.
- The importance of applying evidence-based medicine in clinical practice.
How to read and understand a scientific paper?
Medical Biostatistics; The basics
Is blood pressure related to increased cardiovascular risk?
The VA Cooperative Studies - The First RCTs of Hypertension anywhere in the world.
What is the role of dietary modifications in controlling blood pressure?
Hypertension management in the elderly
Hypertension management in African Americans
Hypertension management in diabetics
Outcomes of different antihypertensive regimens
Comparison of combination therapies in the treatment of hypertension
What is the goal of treatment?
Can we prevent hypertension?
Methods of blood pressure assessment used in milestone hypertension trials
The Future in Hypertension Research. .
- Papademetriou, Vasilios, editor., Editor,
Andreadis, Emmanuel A. editor., Editor,
Geladari, Charalampia, editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-92946-0 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|