The Kock Pouch / edited by Pär Myrelid, Mattias Block.
- 1st ed. 2019.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- Medicine (Springer-11650)
1 online resource (VIII, 206 pages) : 79 illustrations, 38 illustrations in color.
- Rectum-Surgery .
- Local subjects:
- Colorectal Surgery. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book is about the recently revived technique of Kock pouch in inflammatory bowel disease. It discusses the Kock pouch as an alternative to patients not suitable for a pelvic pouch or where the pelvic pouch has failed. It provides clinicians with all the necessary information on patient guidance and surgical revisions after a long life with a Kock pouch. The reader will learn about the development of the pouch, pre and post-operative strategies, surveillance, complications and the limitations and weaknesses of the method. New pioneering experimental methods used by the authors are also discussed. The use of ileorectal anastomosis and Kock's continent ileostomy has regained interest as the long term problems of the pelvic pouch have and this book brings the knowledge and valuable experiences of a few experts at international centres to a large audience. This is an indispensable guide for colorectal surgeons, gastroenterologists and stoma therapists involved in the care of patients with inflammatory bowel disease where colectomy is still needed, either in an emergency setting or due to dysplasia or cancer.
- History of the pouch
Converting a pelvic pouch to a Kock pouch
The Kock pouch as a pelvic pouch
Pre-, per- and post-operative strategy
Follow up and surveillance
Alternative models .
- Myrelid, Pär, editor., Editor,
Block, Mattias, editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-95591-9 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|