QoS for fixed and mobile ultra-broadband / Toni Janevski.
- Other Title:
- Quality of service for fixed and mobile ultra-broadband
- 1st edition
- Hoboken, New Jersey : Wiley IEEE Press, 2019.
1 online resource (341 pages)
- Mobile communication systems -- Quality control.
Wireless communication systems -- Quality control.
Broadband communication systems -- Quality control.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- Provides extensive coverage of standardized QoS technologies for fixed and mobile ultra-broadband networks and services—bringing together technical, regulation, and business aspects The Quality of Service (QoS) has been mandatory for traditional telecommunication services such as telephony (voice) and television (TV) since the first half of the past century, however, with the convergence of telecommunication networks and services onto Internet technologies, the QoS provision remains a big challenge for all ICT services, not only for traditional ones. This book covers the standardized QoS technologies for fixed and mobile ultra-broadband networks and services, including the business aspects and QoS regulation framework, which all will have high impact on the ICTs in the current and the following decade. QoS for Fixed and Mobile Ultra-Broadband starts by introducing readers to the telecommunications field and the technology, and the many aspects of both QoS and QoE (Quality of Experience). The next chapter devotes itself to Internet QoS, starting with an overview of numerous technology protocols and finishing with business and regulatory aspects. The next three chapters look at QoS in NGN and Future Networks, QoS for fixed ultra-broadband, and QoS for mobile ultra-broadband. The book also provides readers with in-depth accounts of services in fixed and mobile ultra-broadband; broadband QoS parameters, KPIs, and measurements; network neutrality; and the QoS regulatory framework. Comprehensively covers every aspect of QoS technology for fixed and mobile ultra-broadband networks and services, including the technology, the many regulations, and their applications in business Explains how the QoS is transiting from the traditional telecom world to an all-IP world Presents all the fundamentals of QoS regulation, as well as SLA regulation QoS for Fixed and Mobile Ultra-Broadband is an excellent resource for managers, engineers, and employees from regulators, ICT government organizations, telecommunication companies (operators, service providers), ICT companies, and industry. It is also a good book for students and professors from academia who are interested in understanding, implementation, and regulation of QoS for fixed and mobile ultra-broadband.
- Description based on print version record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|