American voices : the African-American composers' project / premiere works of Billy Childs, David Baker & William Banfield.
- Other Title:
- African-American composers' project
- Cleveland, OH : Telarc, 1995.
- Sound recording
1 online resource (71 minutes)
- Song cycles.
Songs (Medium voice) with orchestra.
Suites (Clarinet with orchestra)
Jazz -- 1991-2000.
African American composers.
- System Details:
- The distant land / Billy Childs (Carmen Lundy, vocal ; Billy Childs, piano ; Nana Yaw Asiedu, African percussion, vocal ; Thomas A. Kelley II, African percussion) (26:30)
Jazz suite ; for clarinet and symphony orchestra ; three ethnic dances / David Baker (Alan Balter, clarinet) (20:45)
Symphony no. 6 ; four songs for five American voices / William C. Banfield (Jack Schantz, John English, trumpets) (22:49).
- Akron Symphony Orchestra ; Alan Balter, conductor.
- Streaming audio files.
Title from resource description page (viewed July 2, 2019).
Biographical and program notes, in part by the composers, and text of 1st work in container.
Recorded 1993 February 22, 1994 February 22, and 1995 February 27 Masonic Auditorium, Cleveland, Ohio.
- Balter, Alan, conductor, performer.
Childs, Billy composer, performer.
Baker, David, 1931-2016, composer.
Banfield, William C., 1961- composer.
Lundy, Carmen, performer.
Asiedu, Nana Yaw, performer.
Kelley, Thomas A., performer.
Schantz, Jack, performer.
English, John, performer.
Akron Symphony Orchestra, performer.
Alexander Street Press.
- Other format:
- Original cat. no.: CD-80409
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|