The Mikado / Gilbert & Sullivan.
- Cleveland, OH : Telarc, 1992.
- Sound recording
1 online resource (80 minutes)
- Sung in English.
- System Details:
- Act one. If you want to know who we are (3:01)
A wandering minstrel (4:20)
Our great Mikado, virtuous man (2:57)
Young man, despair, likewise to go (2:43)
And I have journeyed for a month (0:49)
Behold the Lord High Executioner (2:39)
As some day it may happen (2:00)
Comes a little train of ladies (2:12)
Three little maids from school are we (1:32)
So please you, sir, we much regret (1:55)
Were you not to Ko-Ko plighted (2:26)
I am so proud (3:00)
With aspect stern and gloomy stride (14:22)
Act two. Braid the raven hair (3:25)
The sun, whose rays are all ablaze (3:10)
Brightly dawns our wedding day (3:58)
Here's a how-de-do! If I marry you (1:14)
Miya sama, miya sama (2:46)
A more humane Mikado never did in Japan exist (4:04)
The criminal cried as he dropped him down (3:24)
See how the Fates their gifts allot (2:03)
The flowers that bloom in the spring (1:36)
Alone, and yet alive (2:55)
On a tree by a river, a little tom-tit sang, "Willow, tit-willow" (2:29)
There is beauty in the bellow of the blast (2:00)
For he's gone and married Yum-Yum (1:52).
- Marie McLaughlin, Janice Watson, sopranos ; Felicity Palmer, Anne Howells, mezzo-sopranos ; Anthony Rolfe Johnson, baritone [i.e. tenor] ; Nicholas Folwell, Richard Stuart, baritones ; Donald Adams, bass ; Richard Van Allan, bass-baritone ; Orchestra and Chorus of the Welsh National Opera ; Sir Charles Mackerras, conductor.
- Streaming audio files.
Title from resource description page (viewed June 20, 2019).
Operetta in two acts.
Libretto by William S. Gilbert.
Recording does not include overture and most spoken dialogue.
Recorded Brangwyn Hall,Swansea, Wales, September 2-4, 1991.
- Gilbert, W. S. (William Schwenck), 1836-1911, librettist.
Adams, Donald, performer.
Rolfe Johnson, Anthony, performer.
Stuart, Richard, 1951- performer.
Van Allan, Richard, performer.
Folwell, Nicholas, performer.
McLaughlin, Marie, 1954- performer.
Howells, Anne, 1941- performer.
Watson, Janice, 1964- performer.
Palmer, Felicity, performer.
Mackerras, Charles, 1925-2010, conductor.
Welsh National Opera, performer.
Alexander Street Press.
- Other format:
- Original cat. no.: CD-80284
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|