Passacaglia from Lady Macbeth of Mtsensk ; Symphony no. 12 "The year 1917" / Dmitri Shostakovich.
- Other Title:
- Symphony no. 12, "The year 1917"
Passacaglia from Lady Macbeth of Mtsensk
Academic Video Online.
- Paris, France : Windrose (Film distributor), 2018.
1 online resource (55 minutes)
- Operas -- Excerpts.
- Filmed performances.
- System Details:
- video file
- The 12th Symphony, dubbed The Year 1917, was composed by Dimitri Shostakovich in the memory of Vladimir Lenin. The National Orchestra of Sweden in Gothenburg conducted by non-other than the young talented Finnish Santtu-Matias Rouvali performs with passion the four movements describing the Russian Revolution before the dramatic intermezzo from Shostakovich's masterpiece "Lady Macbeth of Mtsensk District". This opera dates back to 1934 and is dedicated to his first wife. It is historically known for its censorship and the almost 30 year ban of the piece by the Russian communist party. The concert was shot in the National Orchestra of Sweden in Gothenburg.
- Lady Macbeth of Mtsensk. Passacaglia
Symphony numbers 12 "The year 1917".
- Gothenburg Symphony ; Santtu-Matias Rouvali, conductor.
- Produced by Gothenburg Symphony ; producer, Måns Pär Fogelberg ; mix, Simon Dybeck.
- Title from resource description page (viewed August 26, 2019).
Recorded Gothenburg Concert Hall 26 October 2017.
- Fogelberg, Måns Pär, producer.
Rouvali, Santtu-Matias, 1985- conductor.
Göteborgs symfoniker, instrumentalist.
Alexander Street Press.
- Container of: Shostakovich, Dmitriĭ Dmitrievich, 1906-1975. Ledi Makbet Mt︠s︡enskogo uezda. Antrakt, no. 3
Container of: Shostakovich, Dmitriĭ Dmitrievich, 1906-1975. Symphonies, no. 12, op. 112, D minor
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|