Nunavummi Mamarijavut. Episode 1, Iqaluit / producer, Sylvia Cloutier.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- Iqaluit, NU : Inuit Broadcasting Corporation, 2017.
1 online resource (23 minutes)
- Inuit -- Nunavut.
Inuit -- Nunavut -- Social life and customs.
Cooking (Fish) -- Nunavut.
- Television programs.
Television cooking shows.
- In Inuktitut with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- video file
- In this Arctic Adventure Culinary series (Inuk style), we travel to the most special places in Nunavut outside of the communities and in people's kitchens to meet great Inuit hunters and Inuit masters of food making. We follow Inuit families and Inuit outfitters, venturing out to the most beautiful places where Inuit have camped and even lived out on the land to learn about the history of each sites, learn about the original Inuktut and English names of each place and of course hunt for the best food in Nunavut. Through the bond of the hunter, the women and their younger family members, we learn skills in hunting animals, fishing, gathering seafood, berries and plants used to make delicious, organic and wholesome food made by Inuit for centuries. IQALUIT: Host Malaya Qaunirq Chapman explores how to catch fish outside Nunavut's capital city and learns to make pitsik (wind dried), smoked arctic char and suvalik a traditional recipe using fish roe.
- Host: Malaya Qaunirg Chapman.
- Title from resource description page (viewed August 02, 2019).
- Chapman, Malaya Qaunirg, host.
Cloutier, Sylvia, producer.
Inuit Broadcasting Corporation, production company, broadcaster.
Aboriginal Peoples Television Network, production company.
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|