A sentimental journey through France & Italy / by Laurence Sterne ; together with A political romance, A fragment, Journal to Eliza, Letters to Eliza.
- Other records:
- Standardized Title:
- Sentimental journey through France and Italy
- [Oxford] : [P]ublished for the Press by Basil Blackwell, Oxford ; [Boston] ; [New York] : And by Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston and New York, 1926.
- Stratford-upon-Avon : Printed at the Shakespeare Head Press.
- Writings of Laurence Sterne. Large paper edition ; IV
, 287,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 24 cm
- France -- Social life and customs -- 18th century -- Fiction.
Italy -- Social life and customs -- 18th century -- Fiction.
Manners and customs.
- Place of Publication:
- England Stratford-upon-Avon.
United States Massachusetts Boston.
United States New York (State) New York (City)
- A sentimental journey through France and Italy
A political romance
The fragment in the manner of Rabelais
The continuation of the Bramine's Journal, or, The Journal to Eliza
Letters from Yorick to Eliza.
- "This edition printed from type at the Shakespeare Head Press Stratford-upon-Avon England is limited to five hundred numbered copies ..."--Limitation statement.
"The present text is founded on a careful comparison of the second and other early editions. As in the other volumes in this series, no attempt has been made to correct any vagaries of the spelling that are not obviously misprints, and the typographical characteristics of the early editions have been followed as closely as possible."--Preliminary page .
Title leaf and series title leaf printed in red and black.
Each plate is accompanied by a printed guard sheet.
- Local notes:
- Day Sterne Collection copy is number 125 (the copy number supplied in manuscript) of a limited edition of 500 numbered copies. See limitation statement.
Kislak Center Day Sterne Collection copy acquired from Geoffrey Day in 2018.
Day Sterne Collection copy: edges untrimmed; many leaves unopened.
- Penn Provenance:
- Day, Geoffrey (former owner) (Day Sterne Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Basil Blackwell Publisher, publisher.
Houghton Mifflin Company, publisher.
Shakespeare Head Press, printer.
Geoffrey Day Collection of Laurence Sterne (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Sterne, Laurence, 1713-1768. Sentimental journey through France and Italy.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|