Africa's historical newspapers
- [Naples, Fla.] : Readex, [2019?]-
1 online resource
- Africa -- Newspapers.
Africa -- History -- 19th century -- Sources.
Africa -- History -- 20th century -- Sources.
South Africa -- History -- 20th century -- Sources.
Africa -- Politics and government -- To 1945 -- Sources.
African newspapers -- Databases.
Politics and government
Electronic reference sources.
- English, Afrikaans, Dutch, French, German, Gujarati, Indic, Hindi, Luganda, Malagasy, Portuguese, Sotho, Southern Sotho, Tamil, Tonga, Tswana, Xhosa, and Zulu.
- Africa's historical newspapers provides full-text access to historical newspapers from Africa. Includes African Newspapers, Series 1 and 2, 1800-1925 as well as African newspapers--The British Library Collection, 1821-1900, offering coverage of the people, issues and events that shaped the continent during the 19th and early 20th centuries. Featuring titles from Algeria to Angola, Zambia to Zimbabwe, this resource chronicles the evolution of Africa through eyewitness reporting, editorials, legislative information, letters, poetry, advertisements, obituaries and other items. Also included is the Rand Daily Mail, 1902-1985 -- a 20th century newspaper containing unique perspectives on South Africa and the African continent, with deep coverage of the era of apartheid.
- Description based on contents viewed on July 3, 2019; title from home page.
- Readex (Firm)
- Rand daily mail.
African newspapers, series 1, 1800-1922.
African newspapers, series 2, 1835-1925.
African newspapers--The British Library collection, 1821-1900
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|