Create Not a Handful of Ashes 1987, 1987.
Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital.
- Nuclear War & Peace Movements
Wars & Revolutions
1 online resource (video file 0:48:55) : Sound, Colour.
- Internet videos.
- A speculative documentary that looks at the consequences of nuclear war. [WARNING: contains scenes of people badly injured in nuclear blasts.]. Using the examples of Hiroshima and Chernobyl, and extrapolating from existing numbers of nuclear weapons, the film insists that a nuclear war is simply not an option if humanity is to survive on the planet. There is footage of nuclear blasts and the effect of the Hiroshima bomb on survivors, and aerial images from over Hiroshima and Chernobyl. The film moves on to consider the long-term impact on the genetics of any surviving humans, and the consequences for the planet of a nuclear winter. The whole film is an argument for disarmament, and the terrible consequences of any future war. It quotes extensively from H. G. Wells throughout, and opens and closes with lines from John Donne's 'For Whom the Bell Tolls'.
- Contributors: Schafranski, Y.; Mandrich, N.
Production Company: Kiev Popular Science Film Studios.
- Description based on online resource (viewed on 17 October, 2017).
- Udovenko, L, director.
Schafranski, Y, Script.
Mandrich, N, Camera.
Kiev Popular Science Film Studios, production company.
Adam Matthew Digital (Firm), digitiser.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|