In the Heart of Europe 1968, 1968.
- Standardized Title:
- V Srdci Evropy. English.
Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital.
- The Second World War & the Rise of Fascism
Wars & Revolutions
1 online resource (video file 1:06:54) : Sound, Black and White.
- Internet videos.
- Documentary illustrating the history of Czechoslovakia from a communist perspective. The film starts with independence and the founding of the new nation. It continues with footage of markets, carnivals, football, fashion shows, and the celebrations on the 10th anniversary of independence. The major portion of the documentary concerns the rise of Nazi Germany and Czechoslovak attempts at resistance, both before and during the German occupation. Footage cuts between images of Czech and Slovak politicians in exile and footage of war. The assassination of Heydrich and the raising of Lidice are given particular attention, as are the final liberation and the Prague Uprising of May 1945. A short final portion of the film considers the political moves of the postwar period, the dangers of Stalinist communism, and the attempts to find a suitable, Czech form of socialism.
- Contributors: Pešek, Josef; Šust, Jiří (1919-1995); Cajthaml, Karel; Vanek, Antonin; Drahoslav, Holub; Drahoslav, Holub.
Production Company: Czechoslovak Filmexport.
- Description based on online resource (viewed on 17 October, 2017).
- Holub, Drahoslav, director.
Pešek, Josef, Camera.
Sust, Jiří, 1919-1995, Music Director.
Cajthaml, Karel, Sound.
Vaněk, Antonín, Production Manager.
Drahoslav, Holub, Script.
Drahoslav, Holub, Screenplay.
Československý filmexport, production company.
Adam Matthew Digital (Firm), digitiser.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|