Laser-Driven Sources of High Energy Particles and Radiation : Lecture Notes of the "Capri" Advanced Summer School / edited by Leonida Antonio Gizzi, Ralph Assmann, Petra Koester, Antonio Giulietti.
- 1st ed. 2019.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- Physics and Astronomy (Springer-11651)
Springer proceedings in physics 0930-8989 ; 231
Springer Proceedings in Physics, 0930-8989 ; 231
1 online resource (XVII, 254 pages) : 116 illustrations, 100 illustrations in color.
Plasma (Ionized gases).
- Local subjects:
- Atoms and Molecules in Strong Fields, Laser Matter Interaction. (search)
Particle Acceleration and Detection, Beam Physics. (search)
Medical and Radiation Physics. (search)
Plasma Physics. (search)
Classical and Quantum Gravitation, Relativity Theory. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This volume presents a selection of articles based on inspiring lectures held at the "Capri" Advanced Summer School, an original event conceived and promoted by Leonida Antonio Gizzi and Ralph Assmann that focuses on novel schemes for plasma-based particle acceleration and radiation sources, and which brings together researchers from the conventional accelerator community and from the high-intensity laser-matter interaction research fields. Training in these fields is highly relevant for ultra-intense lasers and applications, which have enjoyed dramatic growth following the development of major European infrastructures like the Extreme Light Infrastructure (ELI) and the EuPRAXIA project. The articles preserve the tutorial character of the lectures and reflect the latest advances in their respective fields. The volume is mainly intended for PhD students and young researchers getting started in this area, but also for scientists from other fields who are interested in the latest developments. The content will also appeal to radiobiologists and medical physicists, as it includes contributions on potential applications of laser-based particle accelerators.
"Basics of Laser-Plasma Interaction: a Selection of Topics"
"LWFA electrons: staged acceleration"
"Fundamentals and Applications of Hybrid LWFA-PWFA"
"Introduction to High Brightness Electron Beam Dynamics"
"Ion acceleration: TNSA and beyond"
"Ultrafast Plasma Imaging"
"Simulation of particles through matter"
"Lectures about intense lasers: amplification process"
"Diagnostics of ultrafast and ultraintense laser pulses".
- Gizzi, L. A. (Leonida Antonio), editor., Editor,
Assmann, Ralph. editor., Editor,
Koester, Petra. editor., Editor,
Giulietti, Antonio, editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-030-25850-4 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|