Freshman Lectures on Nanotechnology / by Hassan Raza.
- 1st ed. 2019.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- Physics and Astronomy (Springer-11651)
Undergraduate lecture notes in physics 2192-4791
Undergraduate Lecture Notes in Physics, 2192-4791
1 online resource (XI, 115 pages) : 61 illustrations, 52 illustrations in color.
Electronics -- Materials.
- Local subjects:
- Nanoscale Science and Technology.
Nanotechnology and Microengineering.
Optics, Lasers, Photonics, Optical Devices.
Optical and Electronic Materials.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- Nanotechnology is the art, science, and engineering of designing materials, devices, and systems at the nanoscale from bottom-up and/or top-down approaches. The material properties at the nanoscale are governed by quantum mechanics, and hence are drastically different than those at the macro/micro scale. It is thus no surprise, that nanotechnology has led to a scientific and technological revolution. This book provides a gentle introduction to the field of nanotechnology for first-year undergraduate students. It not only covers the fundamental scientific concepts in a tutorial fashion, but also provides an overview of applications in nanoelectronics, spintronics, nanophotonics, nanofabrication and nanocharacterization. End of chapter research assignments focus on nanomanufacturing, computing and communication, renewable energy, defense applications, food processing and agriculture, automobile and aerospace technology, nanobiotechnology and bionanotechnology, industrial and consumer applications. Finally, the topics related to safety, health, and societal impact of nanotechnology are discussed. .
Particles, waves and duality
Atomic Structure and Interactions
DOS and Dimensionality
Safety, Health, Environmental and Social Impact.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-030-11733-7 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|