MMX : arquitectura y territorio = Architecture and territory. / [textos = texts: Fernanda Canales...[and 4 others]].
- Other Title:
- MMX : Architecture and territory
Arquitectura y territorio
- Primera edición = First edition.
- Ciudad de México : Arquine, 2019.
251 pages : illustrations, plans ; 24 cm
- Estudio MMX -- Catalogs.
Architecture -- Mexico -- History -- 21st century.
Architecture, Modern -- 21st century -- Designs and plans.
Architecture, Modern -- Designs and plans.
- Exhibition publications.
- Text in Spanish and English.
- Studio MMX was established in 2010 as a collaborative based in Mexico City, focusing on applying a variety of design processes to projects of widely differing sizes. Founded by Jorge Arvizu, Ignacio del Río, Emmanuel Ramírez and Diego Ricalde, the studio prioritizes collaboration and works toward consolidating its experience with a participatory and collective dynamic. The firm develops a range of projects, from designs and installations to architecture and urban planning initiatives, tackling each project as an individual physical, financial and social challenge.0This book shows the studio?s commitment to understanding and addressing the problems and needs that cities and architecture around the globe are currently facing, and displays the studio?s built work, showing the early concepts and processes that have resulted in a timeless architecture that is adapted to its context and creates favorable conditions on varying scales of intervention.
The book includes 22 projects fro Estudio MMX, developed in the last ten years. Estudio MMX was born as a collaborative team based in Mexico City, focused on design processes for the diversity of territorial scales. Founded by Jorge Arvizu, Ignacio del Río, Emmanuel Ramírez and Diego Ricalde, it seeks a practice of participation, whose work, synthesis of the structure of the team, promotes the consolidation of its experience through a collective dynamic. With an open approach to any scale of intervention, Estudio MMX develops proposals ranging from the design of facilities to architecture and urbanism, recognizing in each project a unique challenge for its physical, economic, political and social context. This book shows MMX's commitment to understand and address the current problems and needs of cities and the global architecture. In addition to exhibiting the finished work, this compilation shows the conception and process that resulted in a timeless architecture that adapts to its context and creates favorable conditions at different scales of intervention.
- La arquitectura como método = Architecture as method / Fernanda Canales
Metodología = Methodology
Búsqueda = Research
Herramientas = Tools
Estrategia = Strategy
Obra = Works
Piel profunda = Deep skin / Jose Castillo
Capacidad y consenso: una primera radiografía = Capacity and consensus: a first analysis / Pablo Goldin
Sobre MMX = About MMX
Sobre academia, sistemas y múltiples escalas = On academics, systems and multiple scales / Elena Tudela
El trabajo en la escala de ciudades y regiones = The works at the scales of cities and regions / Phil Enquist
Contenido = Contents
Geometría = Geometry
La arquitectura como trabajo de síntesis = Architecture as a work of synthesis.
- Published on the occasion of the exhibition held March 9 to May 19, 2019 at the Museo Franz Mayer in Mexico City.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Canales, Fernanda, writer of added commentary.
Museo Franz Mayer (Mexico City, Mexico), host institution.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|