Pastoral poetry of the English Renaissance : an anthology / edited by Sukanta Chaudhuri.
- Manchester, UK : Manchester University Press, 2019. , ©2016
- Manchester Spenser.
The Manchester Spenser
1 online resource (557 pages) : illustrations (black and white); digital, PDF file(s).
- English poetry -- Early modern, 1500-1700.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: internet via World Wide Web.
System requirements: Adobe Acrobat or other PDF reader (latest version recommended), Internet Explorer or other browser (latest version recommended).
data file PDF
- Renaissance pastoral poetry is gaining new interest for its distinctive imaginative vein, its varied allusive content, and the theoretical implications of the genre. This is by far the biggest ever anthology of English Renaissance pastoral poetry, with 277 pieces spanning two centuries. Spenser, Sidney, Jonson and Drayton are amply represented alongside their many contemporaries. There is a wide range of pastoral lyrics, weightier allusive pieces, and translations from classical and vernacular pastoral poetry; also, more unusually, pastoral ballads and poems set in all kinds of prose works. Each piece has been freshly edited from the original sources, with full apparatus and commentary.
- First published: 2016.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on e-publication, viewed on August 13, 2019.
- Chaudhuri, Sukanta, 1950- editor.
- Other format:
- Print version:
- Access Restriction:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access star
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|