Critical reflections on research methods : power and equity in complex multilingual contexts / edited by Doris S. Warriner and Martha Bigelow.
- Bristol, UK ; Blue Ridge Summit, PA : Multilingual Matters, 
- Researching multilingually; 1.
Researching multilingually ; 1
xi, 200 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Linguistic minorities -- Study and teaching -- Case studies.
Ethnology -- Study and teaching -- Case studies.
Linguistics -- Study and teaching -- Case studies.
- 1. 'I have so many things to tell you, but i don't know english': linguistic challenges and language brokering / by Chatwara S. Duran
2. Revisiting our understandings in ethnographic research / by Ayfer K. Gokalp
3. The trouble with operationalizing people: My research with students with limited or interrupted formal education (SLIFE) / by Christopher Browder
4. A researcher's coming-of-age through participatory action research: The intersection of cultures, identities and institutions / by Emily Feuerherm
5. Doing ethnographic research as an insider-outsider: Reflections on building relationships and doing reciprocity / by Rosalva Lagunas
6. Researcher-participant relationships in cross-language research: Becoming cultural and linguistic insiders / by Sarah Young Knowles
7. Researching from the margin: challenges and tensions of doing research within one's own refugee community / by Nimo Abdi
8. Working towards and humanizing research stance: Reflections on modifying the interview process / by Daisy E. Fredricks
9. Ethics in practice and answerability in complex, multiparticipant studies / by Katie Bernstein
10. Weaving reciprocity in research with(in) immigrant and refugee communities / by Nicole Pettitt
11. Anonymity, vulnerability and informed consent: An ethical-methodological tale / by Kristen Perry
12. The emotional dimensions of qualitative community-driven research: How interactions and relationships shape processes of knowledge production / by Katherine E. Morelli & Doris S. Warriner
13. Perspectives on power and equity in community based participatory action research projects / by Martha Bigelow, Jenna Cushing-Leubner, Mikow Hang, Luis Ortega, Shannon Pergament, Amy Shanafelt, and Michele Allen.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Warriner, Doris S., 1969- editor.
Bigelow, Martha, editor.
- Other format:
- ebook version :
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|