Beautified China : the architectural revolution of China / photography by Kris Provoost ; authors, Chris Hardie [and three others].
- Other Title:
- Architectural revolution of China
- [Tielt] : Uitg. Lannoo N.V., c2019.
191 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 28 cm.
- Architecture -- China -- History -- 21st century.
Architecture, Modern -- 21st century.
- This book of stunning photographs by architect and photographer Kris Provoost captures the wave of the architectural revolution in China. Internationally renowned architects such as Zaha Hadid, Rem Koolhaas, Ole Scheeren, Herzog & de Meuron, Daniel Liebeskind and many others have been engaged in creative, futuristic, and flamboyant projects in China in recent years. The sky is literally the limit, both in terms of construction, use of materials and design. Unimaginable forms, which defy all rules of gravity, come to life in immense skyscrapers. Beautified China offers an overview of these revolutionary designs, capturing their surreal impact in photographs that explore the free play of form that characterizes each building. The book features essays by Rem Koolhaas, Ma Yansong & Ole Scheeren, among others, and each photograph is accompanied by information pertinent to the project, including function, environment, and context.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
"Buildings by Zaha Hadid Architects, Herzog & de Meuron, OMA, MAD Architects, Buro Ole Scheeren, gmp Architekten, UNStudio"--Cover.
- Provoost, Kris.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|