The towering inferno / Twentieth Century Fox and Warner Bros. present ; Irwin Allen's production of ; screenplay by Stirling Silliphant ; produced by Irwin Allen ; directed by John Guillermin.
- Special edition.
- Beverly Hills, Calif. : 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment,  , ©2006
2 videodiscs (164 min.) : DVD video, sound, color ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet (32 unnumbered pages : illustrations (some color) ; 16 cm) and 8 lobby cards
DVD DVD video 4 3/4 in.
- Skyscrapers -- United States -- Drama.
Fire extinction -- United States -- Drama.
Rescues -- United States -- Drama.
Edificios de oficinas -- Estados Unidos -- Teatro.
Incendios -- Extinción -- Estados Unidos -- Teatro.
- Disaster films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Thrillers (Motion pictures)
Thrillers (Motion pictures, television, etc.).
Disaster -- Feature.
Thriller -- feature.
- English (Dolby digital 5.1 surround, Dolby digital 4.0 surround), and dubbed Spanish (Dolby digital mono.) soundtracks with optional English or Spanish subtitles; closed-captioned.
- System Details:
- DVD, region 1; widescreen (2.35:1) presentation; dual-layer; NTSC.
DVD digital optical surround Dolby Digital 5.1 Dolby Digital 4.0
DVD digital optical mono Dolby Digital 1.0
DVD laser optical NTSC
DVD video file DVD video region 1
- On the night of the dedication ceremony of the world's tallest skyscraper, a raging blaze breaks out, threatening the party-goers.
- Disc One special features: all new audio commentary by film historian F.X. Feeney
All new scene specific commentary by Mike Vezina, special effects director on "X-Men 3", and Branko Racki, stunt coordinator on "The Day After Tomorrow."
Disc Two special features: 9 all new featurettes:
Inside the Tower: We Remember
Innovating Tower: the SPFX of an Inferno
The Art of Towering
Irwin Allen: the Great Producer
Directing the Inferno
Putting Out Fire
Running on Fire
Still the World's Tallest Building
The Heart of Disaster: Stirling Silliphant.
Disc Two special features: over 30 extended/deleted scenes
AMC Backstory "The Towering Inferno"
storyboard to film comparisons
NATO presentation reel
3 interactive articles from 'American Cinematographer'
Original "making of" featurettes
1977 Irwin Allen interview
still photo galleries (shot compositions, publicity, behind the scenes, conceptual sketches, costumes)
original teaser, trailer and more!
- Steve McQueen, Paul Newman, William Holden, Faye Dunaway, Fred Astaire, Susan Blakely, Richard Chamberlain, Jennifer Jones, O.J. Simpson, Robert Vaughn, Robert Wagner, Susan Flannery, Sheila Mathews, Normann Burton, Jack Collins, Don Gordon, Felton Perry, Gregory Sierra, Ernie Orsatti, Dabney Coleman.
- Director of photography, Fred Koenekamp ; director of photography (action sequences), Joseph Biroc ; action sequences directed by Irwin Allen ; production designed by William Creber ; edited by Harold F. Kress and Carl Kress ; music by John Williams ; Maureen McGovern sings "We may never love like this again" words and music by Al Kasha and Joel Hirschhorn ; costumes designed by Paul Zastupnevich ; art director, Ward Preston ; set decorator, Raphael Bretton.
- Container incorrectly lists a French and an English stereo soundtrack as available.
Based on the novels "The tower" by Richard Martin Stern and "The glass inferno" by Thomas N. Scortia and Frank M. Robinson.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1974.
Special features: Disc 1: Commentary by film historian F.X. Feeney; Scene specific commentary by Mike Vezina, special effects director on X3; Scene specific commentary by Branko Racki, stunt coordinator on The day after tomorrow ; Disc 2: AMC backstory: The towering inferno; Featurettes: Inside the tower: we remember, Innovating tower: the SPFX of an inferno, The art of towering, Irwin Allen: the great producer, Directing the inferno, Putting out fire, Running on fire, Still the world's tallest building, The writer: Stirling Silliphant; Vintage promotional material: Nato presentation reel; Original 1974 featurette (#1 & #2), Irwin Allen 1977 interview, The towering inferno teaser, The towering infero trailer, The Poseidon adventure trailer; Extended and deleted scenes (over 30 scenes); American Cinematographer articles: "The towering inferno and how it was filmed" by Charles Loring, Photographing the dramatic sequences for "The Towering Inferno" by Bob Fisher, "Action unit" lives up to its name while shooting "The Towering Inferno" by David Hammond; Storyboard comparisons.
Academy Awards, USA, 1975: Oscar - Best Cinematography (Fred J. Koenekamp, Joseph F. Biroc) ; Best Film Editing (Harold F. Kress, Carl Kress) ; Best Music, Original Song (Al Kasha, Joel Hirschhorn).
- Guillermin, John, 1925-2015, film director.
Allen, Irwin, 1916-1991, film producer, director.
Silliphant, Stirling, 1918-1996, screenwriter.
McQueen, Steve, 1930-1980, actor.
Newman, Paul, 1925-2008, actor.
Holden, William, 1918-1981, actor.
Dunaway, Faye, actor.
Astaire, Fred, actor.
Blakely, Susan, actor.
Chamberlain, Richard, 1935- actor.
Jones, Jennifer, 1919-2009, actor.
Simpson, O. J., 1947- actor.
Vaughn, Robert, 1932-2016, actor.
Wagner, Robert, 1930- actor.
Flannery, Susan, 1939- actor.
Mathews, Sheila, 1929-2013, actor.
Burton, Norman, 1923-2003, actor.
Collins, Jack, 1923- actor.
Gordon, Don, 1926-2017, actor.
Perry, Felton, actor.
Sierra, Gregory, actor.
Orsatti, Ernie, actor.
Coleman, Dabney, 1932- actor.
Williams, John, 1932-
Koenekamp, Fred J., 1922-2017, director of photography.
Biroc, Joseph, 1903-1996, director of photography.
Creber, William, production designer.
Kress, Harold F., 1913-1999, film editor.
Kress, Carl, film editor.
Williams, John, 1932- composer (expression)
McGovern, Maureen, singer.
Kasha, Al, lyricist, composer (expression)
Hirschhorn, Joel, lyricist, composer (expression)
Zastupnevich, Paul, 1921-1997, costume designer.
Preston, Ward, art director.
Bretton, Raphael, 1920-2011, set designer.
Feeney, F. X., 1953- commentator.
Vezina, Mike, commentator.
Racki, Branko, commentator.
Loring, Charles, writer of supplementary textual content.
Fisher, Bob (Journalist) writer of supplementary textual content.
Hammond, David, 1928-2008, writer of supplementary textual content.
Stern, Richard Martin, 1915-2001.
Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation, presenter, production company.
Warner Bros. Pictures (1969- ), presenter, production company.
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc., film distributor.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|