Art and craft / directed by Sam Cullman and Jennifer Grausman ; co-directed by Mark Becker ; produced by Sam Cullman and Jennifer Grausman ; Non Sequitur Productions and Yellow Cake Films present ; in association with Catapult Film Fund and Motto Pictures ; produced in association with American Documentary | POV, TWO and Knowledge Network.
- Other Title:
- Art & craft
Subtitle on container : What's it take to catch a fake?
POV (Television program).
- [New York] : Oscilloscope Laboratories,  , ©2014
1 videodisc (89 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Landis, Mark A, 1955-.
Art forgers -- United States -- Biography.
- Feature films -- United States.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Feature films -- United States.
- In English; optional subtitles in English.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 0 (all region); widescreen (1.78:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby 5.1 surround; Dolby stereo.
digital optical stereo surround Dolby Digital 5.1
video file DVD video
- It follows the story of Mark Landis, one of the most prolific art forgers in U.S. history. His impressive body of work spans thirty years, covering a wide range of painting styles and periods. While the copies could fetch impressive sums on the open market, Landis isn't in it for money. Posing as a philanthropic donor, Landis has given away hundreds of works over the years to a staggering list of institutions across the United States.
- Featuring: Mark Landis, Matthew Leininger, Aaron Cowan.
- Cinematography, Sam Cullman ; editor, Mark Becker ; music composed by Stephen Ulrich.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 2014.
This film has been broadcast as an episode of the television program POV.
Special features: feature length audio commentary with directors Sam Cullman and Jennifer Grausman, and co-director Mark Becker; deleted scenes; Post-screening Q&A audio recording with forger Mark Landis; Faux reel--new featurette with film subjects Matt Leininger and Aaron Cowan; original theatrical trailer.
- Cullman, Sam, film director, film producer, director of photography.
Grausman, Jennifer, film director, film producer.
Becker, Mark, film director, editor of moving image work.
Landis, Mark A, 1955- interviewee (expression)
Leininger, Matthew, 1973- interviewee (expression)
Cowan, Aaron, 1971- interviewee (expression)
Ulrich, Stephen, composer (expression)
Non Sequitur Productions, film production company, presenter.
Yellow Cake Films, film production company, presenter.
Motto Pictures, film production company.
American Documentary, Inc., film production company.
Catapult Film Fund, film production company.
Oscilloscope Laboratories (Firm), publisher.
- Publisher Number:
OSC-057 Oscilloscope Laboratories
OSC 57 Oscilloscope Laboratories
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|