Typex's Andy : the life and times of Andy Warhol / art and story, Typex.
- Standardized Title:
- Andy. English
- Other Title:
- Andy : the life and times of Andy Warhol
Typex's Andy, a factual fairytale
Andy, a factual fairytale
- London : SelfMadeHero, 2018.
- Art masters (London, England)
549 pages : chiefly color illustrations ; 26 cm.
- Warhol, Andy, 1928-1987 -- Comic books, strips, etc.
Warhol, Andy, 1928-1987.
Artists -- United States -- Biography -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Graphic books.
Comic books, strips, etc.
Biographical comic books, strips, etc.
Comics (Graphic works)
- Translated from the Dutch.
- "From the 32 canvas Campbell's Soup Cans to the Marilyn Diptych, Andy Warhol's silk-screen prints are the epitome of Pop Art: witty, gimmicky and unafraid of repetition. Obsessed with consumerism and the cult of celebrity, Warhol (1928-1987) exalted the "surface of things"--and yet he was a man of deep complexity. In Andy, Typex captures the remarkable life of the king of Pop Art, from his working-class upbringing in Pittsburgh to the dizzying heights of his celebrity. Spanning a period that began with the "talkies" and ended with the advent of house music, it is also a memorable portrait of 20th-century pop culture and the stars who defined it. Spanning Warhol's early career as a commercial illustrator, his relationship with the Velvet Underground, and the development of his own instantly recognizable style, Andy is an exhilarating portrait of a transcendent artist and a master self-promoter. Intensively researched, this 568-page graphic biography--with silver edgestain on the pages--is the first to tell the complete life story of the iconic pop artist."--Publisher's description.
- Cover title.
Includes bibliographical references and filmography.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|