Chinese constructions of sovereignty and the East China Sea conflict / Czeslaw Tubilewicz.
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2020.
- Politics in Asia series
Politics in Asia
vii, 233 pages : illustration, maps ; 25 cm.
- East China Sea -- International status.
Territorial waters -- Pacific Area.
China -- Foreign relations -- Taiwan.
Taiwan -- Foreign relations -- China.
China -- Foreign relations -- Japan.
Japan -- Foreign relations -- China.
Taiwan -- Foreign relations -- Japan.
Japan -- Foreign relations -- Taiwan.
POLITICAL SCIENCE / General
POLITICAL SCIENCE / International Relations / General
POLITICAL SCIENCE / Political Freedom & Security / General
Politics and government.
- "This book analyses Chinese social constructions of sovereignty in the context of the East China Sea conflict. It specifically explores China and Taiwan's overlapping cross-Strait sovereignty claims and their domestic debates and policies towards the territorial dispute. Providing an up-to-date discussion of the East China Sea conflict, the book challenges conventional assumptions regarding both Beijing's and Taipei's adherence to the classical notion of Westphalian sovereignty. Instead, it brings China and Taiwan into the Constructivist analytical framework and develops a domestic agency-focused approach to demonstrate the social power of ideas and the centrality of domestic actors in the production of sovereignty. Offering a comprehensive examination of Chinese, Taiwanese, Japanese and US responses at the domestic and international levels, the book studies the existing sovereignty narratives and the coordination of efforts made by the PRC and ROC authorities to counter Japan's territorial claims in the East China Sea. Featuring extensive analysis of the conceptual approaches to understanding Chinese sovereignty, Chinese Constructions of Sovereignty and the East China Sea Conflict will be useful for students and scholars of Chinese and Asian politics, as well as international relations and security studies"-- Provided by publisher.
- Westphalia in IR theories
Perspectives on Chinese sovereignty
Productions of one China in the East China Sea
State-led sovereignty constructions in Taiwan
Sovereignty constructions in China
Public opinion and Taiwan's domestic sovereignty contests
Demise of the one China sovereignty project
Politics of sovereignty constructions.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other format:
- Online version: Tubilewicz, Czeslaw, 1968- Chinese constructions of sovereignty and the East China Sea conflict
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|