Jakarta / Rodrigo Márquez Tizano ; translated by Thomas Bunstead.
- Standardized Title:
- Yakarta. English
- First English-language edition.
- Minneapolis : Coffee House Press, 2019.
141 pages ; 21 cm
- Mexican fiction.
Viruses -- Fiction.
Games -- Fiction.
Alternative histories (Fiction).
- Dystopian fiction.
- In a chaotic city, the latest in a line of viruses advances as a man recounts the fated steps that led him to be confined in a room with his lover while catastrophe looms. As he takes inventory of the city's ills, a strange stone distorts reality, offering brief glimpses of the deserted territories of his memory. A sports game that beguiles the city with near-religious significance, the hugely popular gambling systems rigged by the Department of Chaos and Gaming, an upbringing in schools that disappeared classmates even if the plagues didn't--everything holds significance and nothing gives answers in the vision realm of his own making.
- Bunstead, Thomas, translator.
- Other format:
- Online version: Márquez Tizano, Rodrigo, 1984- author. Jakarta
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|