The stillness of solitude : romanticism and contemporary American independent film / Michelle Devereaux.
- Edinburgh : Edinburgh University Press,  , ©2019
- Traditions in American cinema
Traditions in American cinema
ix, 214 pages : illustrations (black and white) ; 24 cm.
- Independent films -- United States -- History and criticism.
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- In the first book-length study of Romanticism in relation to American film, Michelle Devereaux takes established theories of contemporary American independent cinema as a point of entry, exploring the underlying philosophical and aesthetic Romantic connections between a selection of seven films from four popular filmmakers: Wes Anderson, Sofia Coppola, Spike Jonze and Charlie Kaufman. Primarily dealing with questions of identity, imagination and the relation between self and world, these films also emphasise the anxieties of our own time: the nostalgia for an imaginary past, and the fear of an uncertain future.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|