Simultaneous soloists / Anthony McCall & David Grubbs.
- Edition of 2000.
- Brooklyn, NY : Pionee Works Press, 2019.
167 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 28 cm
- McCall, Anthony -- Exhibitions.
McCall, Anthony -- Interviews.
Grubbs, David, 1967 -- -Exhibitions.
Grubbs, David, 1967 -- -Interviews.
Projection art -- Exhibitions.
Light art -- Exhibitions.
Music in art -- Exhibitions.
Music in art.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- Simultaneous Soloists' is a compilation emerging from British installation artist Anthony McCall's (born 1946) 'Solid Light Works' exhibition at Pioneer Works (2018), based on the accompanying performance series 'Four Simultaneous Soloists' organized by composer David Grubbs. Referring to four soloist performers witnessed individually or as an ensemble alongside McCall?s sculptural volumes of light, the editors recount these events through a dialogue discussing a decade of working together in intersecting practices. Also included in the book are writings by art historians Branden W. Joseph and Swagato Chakravorty, reproductions from McCall's archival materials and drawings paired with photo documentation of the exhibition, and interviews with the 16 participating musicians. As told to Grubbs, these interviews invite an expanded audience to consider the in-situ performances by Susan Alcorn, MV Carbon, Maria Chávez, Che Chen, Jules Gimbrone, Sarah Hennies, Eli Keszler, Okkyung Lee, Miya Masaoka, Christopher McIntyre, Tomeka Reid, Ben Vida, Yoshi Wada, Nate Wooley and C. Spencer Yeh.
- "Published on the occasion of the exhibition Anthony McCall: Solid Light Works, January 12-March 11, 2018, at Pioneer Works." -- Page 167.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Grubbs, David, 1967- organizer, musician, interviewer.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|