Genetics and Genomics of Linum / edited by Christopher A. Cullis.
- 1st ed. 2019.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- Biomedical and Life Sciences (Springer-11642)
Plant genetics and genomics: Crops and models 2363-9601 ; 23
Plant Genetics and Genomics: Crops and Models, 2363-9601 ; 23
1 online resource (VIII, 270 pages) : 82 illustrations, 66 illustrations in color.
- Plant genetics.
Plants -- Development.
Plants -- Classification.
- Local subjects:
- Plant Genetics and Genomics.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- Linum (flax) is a genus of about 200 species in the flowering plant family Linaceae. The genus includes common flax, which is one of the best fibers to produce linen, the seeds to produce linseed oil and has health-related properties of flax in human and animal nutrition. This book describes the genetics and genomics of Linum including the development of extensive experimental resources (e.g. whole genome sequence, efficient transformation methods, insertional mutant collections, large germplasm collections, resequenced genomes) that have led much progress and its economic importance. The methods and use of Linum to address a wide range of applications (e.g. disease resistance, cell wall composition, abiotic stress tolerance, floral development, natural diversity) is also discussed.
- Taxonomy and Natural History of Linum
The gene pool of Linum usitatissimum and immediate progenitor Linum bienne
Flax breeding and variety release
The flax genome sequence: a core resource for flax genomics
The assembly of the flax genomes into chromosomes
Comparisons between oil-seed and fiber flax genomes
The Linum transcriptome
Mapping resources - molecular markers, mapping populations
Flax transposable elements
Flax small RNAs
Gene mutagenesis systems in the fatty acid pathway
Gene mutagenesis systems and resources for the flax - TILLING, transposons
FLAX CELL WALLS AND FIBER
Linum Bioinformatics Resources
Flax disease resistance genes
Genomic and phenotypic responses of flax to stress
Flax secondary products
Flax cyclic peptides
Medicinal uses of flax
Transgenic flax and the Triffid affair
Fundame ntal insights into plant biology that might be offered by Linum
- Cullis, Christopher A. editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-030-23964-0 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|