Yeasts in Natural Ecosystems: Diversity / edited by Pietro Buzzini, Marc-André Lachance, Andrey Yurkov.
- 1st ed. 2017.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2017.
- Biomedical and Life Sciences (Springer-11642)
1 online resource (XIII, 499 pages)
- Local subjects:
- Microbiology. (search)
Microbial Ecology. (search)
Environmental Engineering/Biotechnology. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book focuses on the diversity of yeasts in aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems, including the association of yeasts with insects, invertebrate and vertebrate animals. It offers an overview of the knowledge accumulated in the course of more than 60 years of research and is closely connected with the volume Yeasts in Natural Ecosystems: Ecology by the same editors. In view of the rapid decline of many natural habitats due to anthropogenic activities and climate change, the need to study biodiversity is pressing. Rising temperatures threaten species inhabiting cold and aquatic environments, and species in terrestrial ecosystems are endangered by habitat fragmentation or loss. Most of our knowledge of intrinsic properties (autoecology) of yeasts reported throughout this book is derived from laboratory experiments with pure cultures. Accordingly, the importance of culture collections for ecological studies is highlighted by presenting an overview of worldwide available yeast strains and their origins. All of the chapters were written by leading international yeast research experts, and will appeal to researchers and advanced students in the field of microbial diversity.
- Yeasts in Continental and Sea Water
Yeasts in Aquatic Ecotone Habitats
Yeasts in Forest Soils
Yeasts in Agricultural and Managed Soils
Yeast in Anthropogenic and Polluted Environments
Phylloplane Yeasts in Temperate Climates
Phylloplane Yeasts in Tropical Climates
Yeasts in Cacti and Tropical Fruit
Yeasts Associated with Decomposing Plant Material and Rotting Wood
Yeasts in Hypersaline Habitats
Yeasts in Polar and sub-Polar Habitats
Yeasts in non-Polar Cold Habitats
Yeast in Insects and Invertebrates
Yeasts in Birds
Census of Yeasts Isolated from Natural Ecosystem and Conserved in Worldwide Collections.
- Buzzini, Pietro, editor., Editor,
Lachance, Marc-André. editor., Editor,
Yurkov, Andrey. editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-62683-3 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|