Leukemia Stem Cells in Hematologic Malignancies / edited by Haojian Zhang, Shaoguang Li.
- 1st ed. 2019.
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- Biomedical and Life Sciences (Springer-11642)
Advances in experimental medicine and biology 0065-2598 ; 1143
Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, 0065-2598 ; 1143
1 online resource (VIII, 229 pages) : 40 illustrations, 37 illustrations in color.
- Cancer -- Research.
- Local subjects:
- Cancer Research. (search)
Stem Cells. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book introduces readers to the biology of leukemia stem cells (LSCs) and emphasizes the necessity and importance of targeting LSCs in the treatment of hematopoietic malignancies. It addresses the role of leukemia stem cells in different leukemia diseases and molecular signatures, as well as the metabolic and epigenetic regulation of leukemia stem cell function. With regard to solid tumors, a significant number of blood cancers are believed to be derived from leukemia stem cells (LSCs), which are responsible for disease progression, relapse and drug resistance. Consequently, new therapeutic strategies need to be developed by focusing on the complete eradication of LSCs. Given its scope, the book offers a valuable asset for graduate students and scientists in the fields of cell biology and cancer research et cetera.
- Role of leukemia stem cells in pathogenesis of hematologic malignancies
Leukemia stem cells in chronic myeloid leukemia
Leukmeia stem cells in MLL-rearranged acute myeloid leukemia
Interaction between leukmeia stem cells and bone marrow environment
Molecular signatures of leukemia stem cells
Metabolic regulation of leukemia stem cell function
Epigenetic regulation of leukmeia stem cell function
DNA instability and leukemia stem cell function
Tumor suppressor genes in leukemia stem cells
Targeting leukemia stem cells
Leukemia stem cells and drug resistance
Hypoxia and leukemia.
- Zhang, Haojian, editor., Editor,
Li, Shaoguang, editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-981-13-7342-8 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|