Selfie Biometrics [electronic resource] : Advances and Challenges / edited by Ajita Rattani, Reza Derakhshani, Arun Ross.
- 1st ed. 2019.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- Computer Science (Springer-11645)
Advances in computer vision and pattern recognition 2191-6586
Advances in Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2191-6586
1 online resource (IX, 380 pages) : 154 illustrations, 128 illustrations in color.
User interfaces (Computer systems).
- Local subjects:
- Biometrics. (search)
User Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book highlights the field of selfie biometrics, providing a clear overview and presenting recent advances and challenges. It also discusses numerous selfie authentication techniques on mobile devices. Biometric authentication using mobile devices is becoming a convenient and important means of verifying identity for secured access and services such as telebanking and electronic transactions. In this context, face and ocular biometrics in the visible spectrum has gained increased attention from the research community. However, device mobility and operation in uncontrolled environments mean that facial and ocular images captured with mobile devices exhibit substantial degradation as a result of adverse lighting conditions, specular reflections and motion and defocus blur. In addition, low spatial resolution and the small sensor of front-facing mobile cameras further degrade the sample quality, reducing the recognition accuracy of face and ocular recognition technology when integrated into smartphones. Presenting the state of the art in mobile biometric research and technology, and offering an overview of the potential problems in real-time integration of biometrics in mobile devices, this book is a valuable resource for final-year undergraduate students, postgraduate students, engineers, researchers and academics in various fields of computer engineering.
- 1. Introduction to Selfie Biometrics
Part I: Selfie Finger, Ocular and Face Biometrics
2. User Authentication via Finger-selfies
3. A Scheme for Fingerphoto Recognition in Smartphones
4. MICHE Competitions: A Realistic Experience with Uncontrolled Eye Region Acquisition
5. Super-Resolution for Selfie Biometrics: Introduction and Application to Face and Iris
6. Foveated Vision for Biologically-inspired Continuous face Authentication.
- Rattani, Ajita. editor., Editor,
Derakhshani, Reza, editor., Editor,
Ross, Arun. editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
9783030269715 (Printed edition)
9783030269739 (Printed edition)
9783030269746 (Printed edition)
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-030-26972-2 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|