Islamic jurisprudence on the regulation of armed conflict : text and context / by Nesrine Badawi.
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 
- History of warfare; v. 127.
History of warfare ; volume 127
vi, 273 pages ; 25 cm.
- War (Islamic law).
War -- Religious aspects -- Islam.
- "In Islamic Jurisprudence on the Regulation of Armed Conflict: Text and Context, Nesrine Badawi argues against the existence of a 'true' interpretation of the rules of regulation armed conflict in Islam. In a survey of formative and modern seminal legal works on the subject, the author offers a detailed examination of the internal deductive structures of those key juristic works on the subject and elaborates on different methodological inconsistencies in them to shed light on the role played by the socio-political context in the development of Islamic jurisprudence"-- Provided by publisher.
- Islamic Jurisprudence in the expansive empire
The Muslim world at the frontiers
The mainstream narratives
Contemporary militant approaches
Conclusion : Authority and the Classical Tradition.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other format:
- Online version: Badawi, Nesrine, Islamic jurisprudence on the regulation of armed conflict
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|