The Oxford history of the novel in English. Volume 1, Prose fiction in English from the origins of print to 1750 / Thomas Keymer. [electronic resource]
- First edition.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2018.
1 online resource : illustrations (black and white)
- English fiction -- Early modern, 1500-1700 -- History and criticism.
English fiction -- 18th century -- History and criticism.
- This is the first volume in a twelve-volume series presenting a history of English-language prose fiction. The titles in this series are concerned with novels as a whole, not just the 'literary' novel, and each volume includes chapters on the processes of production, distribution, and reception, and on popular fiction and the fictional sub-genres, as well as outlining the work of major novelists, movements, traditions, and tendencies. This text explores the long period between the origins of printing in late fifteenth-century England and the establishment of the novel as a recognized, reputable genre in the mid-eighteenth century.
- This edition previously issued in print: 2017.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from home page (viewed on May 21, 2018).
- Keymer, Thomas, 1962- editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|