Hollywood harmony : musical wonder and the sound of cinema / Frank Lehman.
- New York, NY : Oxford University Press, 2018.
- Oxford music/media series.
Oxford Music/Media Series
1 online resource (xvii, 292 pages).
- Motion picture music -- United States -- Analysis, appreciation.
- Electronic books.
- Film music represents one of the few remaining underexplored frontiers for the field of music theory. Discovering its inner workings from a theoretical perspective is imperative if we wish to understand its tremendous effects on the ears (and eyes) of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. 'Hollywood Harmony' applies for the first time the tools of contemporary music theory and analysis to this corpus in a thorough and systematic way.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
Previously issued in print: 2018.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|