Enoch from antiquity to the Middle Ages. Volume I, Sources from Judaism, Christianity, and Islam / John Reeves and Annette Yoshiko Reed.
- Other Title:
- Sources from Judaism, Christianity, and Islam
- First edition.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2018.
1 online resource (vi, 403 pages)
- Enoch (Biblical figure) -- Sources.
Ethiopic book of Enoch -- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
Patriarchs (Bible) -- Early works to 1800.
- This volume provides a comprehensive set of core references to '1 Enoch'. It shows that the rich afterlives of Enochic texts and traditions can be studied more thoroughly by scholars of Second Temple Judaism and early Christianity as well as by scholars of late antique and medieval religions.
1 Stock Epithets and Cross-Cultural Cognomens
2 Enoch as Culture Hero
3 Enoch’s Roles in Human Society
4 Enoch’s Interactions with Angels
5 Enoch’s Escape from Death
6 Enoch’s Association or Equation with Other Figures
7 The Books of Enoch and their Reputation
Index of Citations
Index of Scriptural and Parascriptural Characters
Index of Angels, Deities, Demons, Epic, and Mythological Characters
Index of Ancient and Medieval Scholars, Teachers, Authors, and Tradents
Index of Ancient and Medieval Book or Story Titles
Index of Modern Authors
- This edition previously issued in print: 2018.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from home page (viewed on February 27, 2018).
- Reed, Annette Yoshiko, 1973- author.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|