Youth labor in transition : inequalities, mobility, and policies in Europe / edited by Jacqueline O'Reilly [and four others].
- New York, New York : Oxford University Press, 
- International policy exchange series.
International policy exchange series
1 online resource : illustrations (black and white).
- Youth -- Employment -- Europe.
Young adults -- Employment -- Europe.
Labor policy -- Europe.
School-to-work transition -- Europe.
- Electronic books.
- Exacerbated by the Great Recession, youth transitions to employment and adulthood have become increasingly protracted, precarious, and differentiated by gender, ethnicity, and socioeconomic status. 'Youth Labor in Transition' examines young people's integration into employment, alongside the decisions and consequences of migrating to find work and later returning home. The authors identify key policy challenges for the future related to NEETS, overeducation, self-employment, and ethnic differences in outcomes. This illustrates the need to encompass a wider understanding of youth employment and job insecurity by including an analysis of economic production and how it relates to social reproduction of labor if policy intervention is to be effective.
- Previously issued in print: 2018.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- O'Reilly, Jacqueline, 1964- editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|