Christian philosophy : conceptions, continuations, and challenges / edited by J. Aaron Simmons.
- First edition.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2019.
- Oxford scholarship online.
Oxford scholarship online
1 online resource (334 pages)
- Christian philosophy.
- Electronic books.
- One of the marks of being a philosopher is participating in debates about what counts as 'philosophy.' Of particular note in such debates is the question of how to distinguish philosophy from theology. Although a variety of answers to this question have been offered in the history of philosophy, in recent decades, the prominence of Christian philosophy has been heralded by many as a genuine triumph over the problematic narrowness of strong foundationalism, positivism, and scientism. For others, however, it signals that philosophy continues to risk being replaced by confessional theology. In this volume, established scholars representing a variety of cultural traditions, religious perspectives, and philosophical priorities all wrestle with how the idea of Christian philosophy should be understood, appropriated, and engaged in light of where philosophy is and where it is likely to go.
- Description based on print version record.
This edition previously issued in print: 2019.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Simmons, J. Aaron, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|