Framing inequality : news media, public opinion, and the neoliberal turn in U.S. public policy / Matt Guardino. [electronic resource]
- New York, NY : Oxford University Press, 2019.
- Studies in postwar American political development.
Oxford scholarship online.
Studies in postwar American political development
Oxford scholarship online
1 online resource : illustrations (black and white).
- United States -- Economic policy -- 21st century.
United States -- Social policy -- 21st century.
Equality -- United States.
Neoliberalism -- United States -- History -- 21st century.
Press -- United States -- History -- 21st century.
Public opinion -- United States -- History -- 21st century.
- This text examines how major news media have influenced the politics of economic inequality by shaping U.S. public opinion toward key policies since the early 1980s. The author describes the substance and ideological texture of news coverage during economic and social welfare policy debates across the neoliberal era. It also compares this news content to patterns of official and nongovernmental discourse.
- Previously issued in print: 2019.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from home page (viewed on February 8, 2019).
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|