Damascus after the Muslim conquest [electronic resource] : text and image in early Islam / Nancy Khalek.
- New York ; Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2011.
1 online resource (217 p.)
- Damascus (Syria) -- History.
Syria -- History -- 634-750.
Syria -- Civilization.
- Electronic books.
- Nancy Khalek demonstrates that the changes that took place in Damascus after the Muslim conquest were not a matter of the replacement of one civilization by another as a result of military conquest, but rather of shifting relationships and practices in a multi-faceted social and cultural setting.
- Cover; Contents; Dates and Abbreviations; 1. Narrative and Early Islamic History; 2. Telling Stories: Historical Texts in Early Islamic Syria; 3. Icons: John the Baptist and Sanctified Spaces in Early Islamic Syria; 4. Iconic Texts: Damascus in the Medieval Imagination; Afterword; Selected Bibliography; Index; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; J; K; L; M; N; O; P; Q; R; S; T; U; V; W; Y; Z
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|